Saturday, September 17, 2016

An Impasse

I could scream from what I have become. I have let you belittle me, make me feel worthless, take my hopes and dreams and drain them. I cry sometimes, imagining all that I have lost. My pride, sanity, dignity.

I want to leave, but I have no where to turn. No one to run to. I have cut ties just to lay myself at your feet in mercy. I don't trust myself anymore and I don't trust you.

The real tragedy of the situation is you have moved on. You don't see what has happened to me. You don't care that bleeding out on the floor. You have moved on from me and my heartache.

And still you drag me here. To prove that you are better. To show me that I broke myself, and that you had no hand in it. You beg me to let you in. Like we haven't done thus before. But we are stuck together, neither of us willing to budge. I don't know where this leads but I will not back down. Not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment