Sunday, January 1, 2017

poem jan 1st

For as long as I can remember
I have always been "clever"
Always held the potential to be greater
Always held up to the light
To be examined
To be exhaulted
To radiate greatness

A time came that the light became to bright
So I created
A hollowed out replica
Of what everyone wanted to see
Jovial, good-natured,
And above all, clever
This shell shielded me
As I created a cage
To ward off
Further examination
In this cage,
I was able to throw myself
Against the walls
To remind myself
To feel
To cry
To let sadness rule

I built my cage
To be me
To choke on my worthlessness
To bath in my own loneliness
I made its exterior bright and bubbly
So no one could hear
The pained screams
The sickening blows
As I slam myself against my cell
Cracking every bone
Marring each layer of skin
Over And Over

The cycle hasn't ended
And I fear it never will

No comments:

Post a Comment